Sunday, April 08, 2007

"New" Ring

Well I decided that it was time for a ring renovation. I love my ring and have never tire of looking at it on my hand. But as my fingers have slightly shrunk in the past year, I have really wanted it to be re sized for fear of it falling off randomly, and the annoyance of it spinning around all day. I have delayed a little thinking the summer would provide chubbier fingers, but I think even after resizing, it will be just right for the warm months. I also noticed the yellowing that has occurred since it is white gold and naturally needs to be re coated occasionally, as anyone with white gold can attest. We took it to our friendly jewelers and they remembered us and were happy to do the work that needed to be done (for a fee of course). I was so thrilled to see my new ring, so shiny and perfectly fitted. It's just like new. I think we need some lighting like the jewelry store has. They really know how to make a diamond sparkle.

5 comments:

Matt said...

I always meant to tell you what a elegant ring you have. Total classic!

Hannah said...

Your ring is beautiful!

Sarah said...

I really like your ring, but I think only people with long pretty hands like you can pull it off. It looks great! (I already need to re-dip mine!)

Cami said...

I know about the re-platnifying. I did that for 6 months then opted for a smaller diamond and NO redoing by getting actual platinum the next time around. But now I don't get the "new ring" feeling every so often! It always looks fabulous.

Amber said...

Your ring is one of the prettiest I have ever seen. It looks like a family heirloom or something!