Thursday, April 05, 2007

A Steal of a Deal


KC and I often check a few "hot deal" website. Fatwallet, Slickdeals, and as you've probably read about or heard about from Matt, Woot. I think we've only bought one or two things from Woot, but we have used the other two several times. They are great sites to find out anything from the latest travel deals to when Gap.com is having a new sale. They update the deals constantly, so it's fun to see what they come up with everyday. We haven't bought that many things. The people who are real regulars buy things just because it's a good deal. I don't need any useless stuff in my house, so we just like watching for the things that we need and find something cool in between. Yesterday at about 4 pm I saw a deal I thought I'd take advantage of. It was a pair of slippers. I love slippers and the couple of pairs I have are seeming to lose their integrity. So I looked at what the deal was. It was $5.89, with free overnight shipping. But that's not all. If you call the 800 number after you purchase, you can get 5 dollars credited back to your account. I read a few of the comments some customers had written about the product and they all vouched that they indeed paid exactly 89 cents for they very cozy slippers. I took the, not too risky, risk and ordered them. I mean if all else failed, they were only about 6 bucks, right? So I ordered and called to get my refund. The woman said she had had a few calls about this and promised that as soon as my order went through I would get an email confirming the 5 dollars would be credited back to my card. So when I walked up to my house after work, at about 2 pm, there was my box of slippers, just like they said. It hadn't even been 24 hours. And, I received the email about my 5 dollars. So there you go. I would tell you all to follow in my slipper steps, but they are oos--that is Slickdeals language for out of stock. Happy deal hunting.

4 comments:

Cami said...

Great job! Very blog worthy. I should really try out some of those websites.

Sarah said...

What a great deal! I need to start checking out these sites more

Matt said...

Hooray for deal sites! That is...if you're looking for something. I tend to buy things I'm not looking for, but convince myself I NEED. With woot, that process can sometimes take place in a matter of seconds. I need to check myself.

Matt said...

PS...I do need some new slippers. Missed it!