Sunday, April 29, 2007

Melody Graduated!

Oh, where to begin. I'll start by saying this trip to Utah was very unforgettable. I would've written more about my upcoming trip to Utah if it wasn't a big surprise for Melody. You see, I had to get her back for the big surprise she did for me on our birthday. I knew it was my turn and her graduation was the perfect time. She did come to mine after all. And the next time I would see her is when that belly of hers is no longer there and I had to see it before that happened. So here's how it all went down:

KC and I got an late flight on Wednesday night. We got in around 10:00 pm and picked up a car that KC's parents kindly left for us at the parking lot as they had to leave town the night before. We went to my parent's house, got a few hours of sleep, and them headed to the store to get the makings for a surprise breakfast (in case she was mad about being woken up, we had to have a treat planned). We got to the Rejholec residence a littler earlier than anticipated, 6:50, but we knew Jonny left at about 7:00 so we knew someone would be awake. He answered the door and whispered "Holy crap. Just a second." A few minutes later we went in, and I slowly tiptoed into her room where she was covering her head with her covers but clearly waking up. When she saw me, she screamed so loud! We have it all on video. It was awesome. So we proceeded to make our favorite Jamba Juice smoothie from when we worked there, and stuffed french toast. It was oddly not so strange to see her for the first time with a 8 month old belly protruding from her little body, but still a surprise. I went with her to her Doctors appointment, and heard the little heart beat an everything. It's amazing how much can change when you don't see your sister for a few months. The rest of the day was filled with seeing friends, and relatives that dropped by, going to the graduation commencement, (where President Hinckley made an appearance and Vice President Cheney gave a very good speech) and a great meal of rotisserie chicken, assorted breads, cheeses, fruits and other hors d'oeuvres type foods complete with Martinelli's. I've been wanting to have a fruit and cheese party lately and this was the perfect occasion. We also played some major Guitar Hero that night. I loved it, even when I wasn't the one playing. We could all clearly see that Lili dominated that game. The others were bad either. We got home and wanted to get to be because we had to wake up relatively early for Melody's convocation. Well, I don't think any of us got more than a few hours of sleep. I was very sick and after a few hours of trying to self medicate, it only got worse so KC and I headed to the ER, and after a few blood tests, and couple hours went by, we were given the proper medication and were on our way. I slept through most of the graduation but managed to wake up to see her walk. We had a nice brunch at IHOP and then all had much needed naps. The rest of our time in Utah was spent having fun with our families doing whatever we felt like (the best form of plans in my opinion.) It was fun to see how things change and stay the same when I go home. Especially the nieces and nephew I don't get to see so often anymore. Little Allyson changes so much every time I see her. I probably notice her the most because she was so little when I moved away. But all those kids are growing up and becoming little adults. I'm always a sad so leave my original home. It's probably because it's all about having fun when you are on vacation, there's no work or responsibility, and I just love being where I am comfortable wherever I go. It's getting that way here, but it will never be the same as when I am there. But I am always so grateful to be coming home with my KC. It always makes leaving a vacation much better than it would be otherwise. It also helps to have a good bunch of family here as well.

Well the next time I am in Utah, there will be even more changes with the little Rejholec coming soon and all. I can hardly wait. It will be even harder to leave then. I am so proud of Melody for graduating. I know it was not always easy for her, and I have a lot of admiration for what she has accomplished. She's always been someone to look up to, even as her twin. Now, I suppose I should get some sleep to get ready for another work week. I miss you Utah people! You can see more pics on my by clicking on the flikr icon on the right.

6 comments:

Matt said...

Hooray for a fun, yet eventful trip! I always enjoy hearing about and seeing you two together. The twin sneaks, planning all the cross country surprises. :)

Cami said...

Hey, there is a sister missing in all of those pics. :( Oh well. Why is Melody still so dang cute and skinny! Will the twinnies EVER go through an awkward phase?? Very fun. I enjoyed the pics. I hope you felt ok!

erika said...

You two are so sneaky--good work. Next time you are in town--I NEED to see you! It is just been too long. By the way, your hair longs so long and sooooo beautiful!

Amber said...

That picture in IHOP wasn't as ugly as I thought it would be! I loved your snacks and cheeses party and seeing you guys. We miss you all in Maryland so much and love the visits! Too bad about the hospital thing-you were such a trooper!

Sarah said...

I wish I could have been there with you guys. Looks like you had a blast. Sorry you got sick!

Susan said...

Sounds like fun! (Except for the stint in the ER, or course!) What is Guitar Hero?