Wednesday, June 30, 2010

DV#4

This one has two parts.

Work hard,

play hard.

A couple things to add:

  • They all love those silly split-pea maracas/rattles I made with old little bottles. It’s so funny what interests babies. Lately my cell phone, hair, and earring are also very popular among the trio.
  • Have I ever mentioned Ruby’s Hemangioma on the  right side of her neck? Well, it’s a birth mark type thing that started out as a red speckled area, and got bigger over the months. It doesn’t bother her, and we hardly even notice it anymore. The docs say it will actually go away pretty soon. I think I’ve seen it start to shrink already.  I joked when they were really little that I wished one of the boys had it instead so I had a sure-fire way of telling them apart. But nope, Ruby got all the distinguishing marks.
  • This has nothing to do with the videos, but I just have to say that it’s amazing what nice weather can do to me as a mom. It’s like I had this whole new outlook on life as we took our morning walk in the 69 degree breezy air this morning. It’s been too hot to even try to get out with the babies, so we’ve been feeling a little stir-crazy in here. And I think we’ve been promised pleasant weather like this (getting into the upper 70s instead of upper 90s)  for the next several days.  I’m not sure how we’ll celebrate, but we’ll have to find a way.  Maybe we’ll go feed the Koi fish at the Arboretum, and/or a drive-thru ice cream cone (of course the babies would get watermelon or something, instead of ice cream).

5 comments:

Michelle and Cisco said...

I love all these video's! It's like a nice guarantee to a good day. They are such happy babies and I miss those chubby cheeks that smile so much.

melody said...

Man, what would we do without the internet? I love all the pictures and videos so much. If we didn't have this online connection, what would we do? Send pictures in the mail!? Crazy. I am so glad I get to see the triplets every day - several times if I want to. (Now, the only better thing would be to walk down the street to see you guys...)

Cami said...

LET the child eat the floor! You meanie. :)

I agree--weather makes a BIG difference in motherhood. During our seriously winter-like spring and early summer, I thought i might kill us all. And the heat and humidity is definitely worse. Hope you ahve some more nice days.

Matt said...

I have a headick from laughing to hard. Ruby's cute face, Bennett waiting for the camera, and Alex performance. Shoot.

Danielle said...

Your babies are too cute. I've seen so many kids with hemangiomas lately. My sisters baby has one on his cheek. It is nice that they seem to go away on their own. Hope you are doing well.