Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Utah Highlights

Things are hopping around here with all the fun we've been having. The babies are so sweet and back to their joyful selves. I am so relieved to have a break from all that fussiness. I'd love to write about our latest happenings, but I recently got a package from my parents containing tons of pictures and videos of my trip to Utah that I left on my dad's computer. (Thanks for the disks dad!) There are some parts of the trip that I really want to get down on record. So here goes.

Family Togetherness: There was a lot going on the month that I invaded my parents' house. Some events were out-of-town-visitors (us), induced, and others were just happening at the right time for me to enjoy with everyone. Penny's blessing, Ethan's/Jane's birthday party, Gabe's birthday party, Sister's Dinners, Mother’s Day, Lili's and Suzy's combined baby shower, Michelle's birthday dinner, Robinson Cousin's Dinner, Barrett Film Festival (more on that later), and a Hmong feast (Drew, egg rolls will never taste the same after yours). We miss all of you so much.

Barrett Film Festival: My cousin Bree has been working like crazy for months getting my Grandpa's old reels converted to DVDs. With this month being the anniversary of his passing, we were all missing him terribly. She had a brilliant idea to have an official screening of these films at my Grandma's house in Logan, Utah. This place holds very special memories to me, as well as the rest of my family/extended family I'm sure, so I was honored and excited to attend. We rode up with Melody, Juju, and Allyson with smoothies in hand. It was a blast, and though I missed Grandpa Scott like crazy, the next best thing to being with him was to be in his house watching the videos of my mom and her family growing up. We also all contributed to a huge bin of "Grandpa Cereal" (lots of cereals all mixed together-a treat whenever we stayed at Grandpa's). We visited his memorial for the first time since his headstone was placed. My Grandma custom designed it especially for him. It was beautiful. We also enjoyed the cheese factory up there. Fresh cheese is delicious. Logan is just fun.  Thanks Bree and the rest of the Jensens for such a fantastic day.

And also a HUGE thank you to the Robinsons for taking the Babies for the entire day! What a luxury. Here is their blog with some details. Looked like the babies had the time of their lives. And how weird for KC and me to be baby-less for the day. Thanks again!

Cuteness: Just some random fun we had during walks, feedings, hot-tubbing, playing with cousins, etc.

Phew, all caught up! And some videos of the trip are also in order, but I'll have to find the time to post those later.

4 comments:

Drew said...

I love the pictures! We miss you so much already! :( I'm glad you are really diligent about blogging, it helps me feel like I'm still keeping up with the babies and everything going on over there.

Chad and Bree Fowles said...

I cannot get enough of those triplets! I was so happy to hear you'd be around for the festival. I think we all felt a bit of comfort that day. You'll be happy to know round two of the festival will be finished shortly and we'll be mailing you some videos!!

Cami said...

Good pics! It was fun times for sure. Wish it were easier/cheaper to have you come out more often. Just MOVE here!

Amber said...

So cute and fun! I miss you guys terribly!