Thursday, June 17, 2010

From Coast to Coast

Camille, KC’s sister, came all the way from California to see us again! She is such a fun auntie. Having another person here during the day is also a nice breather for me. And I get a little ambitious thinking of all the things we can do with extra help.  Let’s see if I can recall:

  • Instead of me going to Costco alone and rushing through my list, I decided to take the babies, with Camille’s help, for an adventure. I was prepared to drop what I was doing and leave at any moment if needed, but they were amazingly well behaved the entire time. I made the mistake of dressing the boys in bright-colored matching outfits, creating quite a stir in the superstore. We seriously caused cart traffic jams, and had non-stop questions and comments. It took the babies a couple minutes to get used to all the faces and smiles, but they were charming the audience in no time. I uncharacteristically forgot my camera, but the cell phone picture below will have to do. They were a cute little sight to be seen. Poor Ruby in the umbrella stroller didn’t get as much attention, but maybe she likes it that way.  A lot of times we let people believe they were just twins to avoid more questions and get on with our shopping, but some people put it together and reacted accordingly. Not that we are going to makes this a habit or anything, but we definitely had fun06-11-10_1513
  • All of us went to the farmers market in our neighborhood. It was only a few blocks away. The pastries are always amazing there.  I absolutely love the ham and cheese croissants. And we indulged in a little homemade ice cream as well. It was extremely hot so the babies all had red little faces. They enjoyed  juice and grapes, and were again little sweeties.DSC00890013010 
  • One park in our neighborhood just installed a third baby swing. How perfect for us. We braved the heat again and tried them out. The babies loved the swings, though the heat made them pretty lethargic and expressionless. It was nice to get out anyway. I’ll definitely be going there again when the weather it a bit more pleasant. I think I could do that one on my own. Maybe.DSC00933
  • The thought of going to a restaurant with the babies has never entered our minds. But then with Camille here, we decided to give it a try at my favorite little Mexican place that is really close by. Just like when we went to Costco, I didn’t care if we had to leave in a hurry. It wasn’t ideal, and I’d rather get a babysitter next time we go out to eat for sure, but it was a fun memory nonetheless. They did fine until our food got to the table, of course, and then they wanted to be held. And it was a bit annoying having to pick up toys over and over. Not too convenient. But it was cute to see them in the highchairs. They look so old to me these days. 016
  • With the heat being insane (have I mentioned that yet?), we had to get our little pool out. Of course the weather was the nicest it had been all weekend by the time we got in, with a slight breeze and less sunshine beating down on us, but they loved it anyway.  And it’s always nice to give the bumbos a good rinse.DSC00967

The babies weren’t on their very best behavior, getting over colds and teething, but Camille was a great sport about the night wakings and occasionally grumpy babies. Ironically they have made a huge turn and are (mostly) behaving much better now that there’s no one else here. It’s like they know when I’m going to give in or something. 

We love you Camille. Thanks again for coming! Now we’re lonely. Anyone else want to come hang out? DSC00988

(And also thanks for most of the pictures on this post Camille. This slide show if a combination of both of our cameras.)

10 comments:

Megan and Taj said...

I seriously can't get over how beautiful Ruby is... I think she looks just like you!! Those boys are too much too! You really have the most adorable little ones!

Amber said...

Finally new pics of those pudgy babies! Good job on the outings! I hope hope hope we can come soon...

Amber said...

Oops, I see I missed a few posts below! I'll comment on those on the morrow!

Drew said...

I want to come visit! Maybe sometime. Anyway, three teething babies! I love the pictures. Auntie Camille looks like one of the Broughs to me.

Janice said...

I love the photo of Ruby and the table. Classic! Costco - way to go! We miss them too much.

Janice Graham said...

Wow. What a fun slide show. Thanks.

melody said...

The swinging pictures are my favorite. That close-up of Ruby making that funny face!?

Michelle and Cisco said...

I want to come play!! I am missing those chubby cheeks. I had this brilliant idea that I should come a week before school starts so that I can be on the Eastern time schedule before I start my early classes. :)

Cami said...

Fun! I know about that heat. Serious. We haven't even really had the dry Utah heat yet! I can't believe you took them shopping. Don't you know my policy?? I guess with an extra helper and cute cute fatties, all is well.

Wendy K said...

babies in the swings made me laugh