Friday, June 18, 2010

One plus One makes Five!

My mom and I are M.O.M.s. That stands for Mothers of Multiples.  I can’t tell you how nice it’s been to have my mom to turn to with questions, reassurance, or comfort, though she has told me that three is WAY different than two. We have compared our pregnancies and experiences caring for our respective sets of multiples, which I know has brought us even closer.

I was so delighted to look through a great file of pictures my brother Matt made available to us and find so many gems among them. They really made me realize how much we have in common even more. So many pictures of my mom and family reminded me of pictures I have in my own folders. Take a look:

Here is Mom pregnant with Melody and me (not sure how far along). And Me and 29 weeks with the triplets, the last official profile shot before they were born. I am swallowing a huge amount of pride by posting that picture. Hey, it’s true to life, right?  That extra 60 lbs. was all for the babies. I remember how painful it was to even walk to pose for the picture. Good times.twi2IMG_1051

 

Though my mom wasn’t on bedrest, (and made it full term delivering two 7 1/2 lb. babies! Yikes!) I’m sure she did her share of bed-resting.  At least whenever she got the chance with four other kids running around.pregoIMG_1038   

 

Mom and me.emchTiny Bennett.004

 

Amber kissing me. amemAmber kissing Bennett. . . I think.018

 

I’m pretty sure that’s me in the carrier.  carrNot sure who I’m carrying. Definitely one of the boys. 045

 

In our Sunday best. Emily-left, Melody-right.MomTwinsA, R, B1-30-09 052

 

Entertaining an audience, as babies do. Melody-left, Rub. . . I mean Emily-right.cueB, R, A077

 

Sporting bonnets/hats. Emily-left, Melody-right.hatsB, R, A043

 

Cuddling. Looks like Cami and me. huggA, B068

 

This squishy face picture was surprisingly hard to find a matching one in my folders. This is close enough. squish040 (3)

 

Funny huh? I can totally see the resemblance of me in Ruby in some of those pictures, and have also found some pictures of the boys that look just like their daddy’s baby pictures. I’ll have to post those sometime. It was a blast from the past going through those virtually dusty files. I miss my tiny babies (though not my tiny amount of sleep or shower time).

Here’s to M.O.M.s! It’s not an easy task, but it’s the greatest!

14 comments:

Janice Graham said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Fun comparisons. It's been real, hasn't it?

I love you,
Mom

Amber said...

That is the cutest post! Ruby totally looks like you and I think Brady looks like Melody in the bonnett picture. Thanks to Matt for scanning those pics. I loved you twins so much when you were babies (actually I still can't get enough of you) and I think we kissed your cheeks off! Also, I just finished North and South-LOVED it!!!!!

melody said...

This post is great. I love all the comparisons. Mom looks cute in pigtails in the carrier picture. And I agree with Amber, baby me does look like Brady in that one!

Way to go, M.O.M.s. I know it sure is fun being a D.O.M.O.M. (daughter of a mom of multiples - or I guess I could just shorten by saying it's fun being a twin!)

Chad and Bree Fowles said...

Oh heck I love this!!!! the comparisons are awesome!!

Unknown said...

I love all the comparisions! So much fun! and yeah for m.o.m's. You are an awesome one at that! and the triplets are still cute as ever!

Cami said...

I didn't put more than one at once, but I feel like I'm an M.O.M. with my boys so close and so big . . . nope. Not the same. This is a fun post! Great pics.

Drew said...

I LOVE the comparison pictures. It's amazing how much Ruby looks like baby you. Oh, how I loved my baby twin sisters.

B Jensen said...

RUBY looks JUST like you!!! It's almost insane! such cute pics. amazing that the one of your mom holding you in the kitchen...same house trips lived in for a while. amazing!

Janice said...

Priceless.

Woods said...

Oh my gosh are you trying to make us cry...those are so amazingly sweet!! You have so many similar pictures it's so neat. I never knew how much you and Ruby look alike. It's crazy. What a sweet post.

Unknown said...

You are so beautiful Em... However, seeing those chubby faces is making me baby hungry...

katy said...

Those pics are so cute and it is awesome that Matt had those pictures.

Matt said...

Fun comparisons. I remember you and Melody at that age so well.

Corinne said...

That's really neat, friend. What a legacy to give to your darlings :)