Monday, June 07, 2010

Teething is Tiresome.

Man, teething can really do a number on a family. Bennett has his second bottom tooth coming in, and the others are certainly showing signs of following soon. I don’t know if I would rather they were staggered, or to get it all over at once. The poor children with their swollen, achy gums. They also have all developed a yucky nose situation, that may or may not be related to teething. They do share a spoon while feeding, and share toys, of course (I guess I would rather take my chances on three colds for a few days, rather than have to keep a close eye on all the toys, and feed with individual spoons and bowls every day), so I guess they could’ve passed it around. Anyway, they seem in good enough sprits despite that inconvenience. Their sleep has been a little disrupted, which was making me want to pull my hair out a little. But today they are doing better, as they all had a great morning nap. Always a good start to the day. 002

So, it looks like we have a great week of weather coming up. Thank the heavens because I need to get out more. We just can’t leave the house that much the the terrible heat we’ve been having. We did manage to brave the heat once when we met our friends at the park. My little wagon has become my new diaper bag when I need to bring more than keys and a burp cloth. It was very helpful. And thanks to my friends for helping me haul stuff and babies to and from the car. It was just too hot to strap anyone to my body. 039035

With the heat, runny noses, introducing more solids,  and teething induced drool, I’ve really been wanting to get them to drink some juice (well mostly water, really). We started using sippy cups, and though the babies love to look at them, and happily hold the little grippy handles, they only get a little sip now and then. I guess they aren’t quite ready for those yet. Then I remembered these awesome bottle straws I bought a while ago. I got them thinking they would makes feedings easier, but the babies weren’t quite strong enough back then and these straw require strong sucking.  And now they are using bigger bottles, while the straws are meant for smaller ones, so I though the money was wasted and I was annoyed. Well, they are perfect for juice, and keep the babies entertained and hydrated for a while. And they don’t have to lay down like a feeding, which makes it more like play time. I just love when something comes in handy like that. I try so hard to not waste money on unnecessary baby gear, so I’m glad this was money well spent.011017016018 

And why not throw in a couple more pictures, just for fun.

Bennett kept reaching for that bear mobile. Poor guy. But pretty funny.  After the picture I gave it to him.026

Playing or fighting, who knows?039 047

Alex.051

And Ruby of course.
002

6 comments:

Janice said...

Love the pic of Alex sleeping. And it's so fun to see how they are discovering each other.

Melissa said...

I can't get over how cute they are. I made the mistake of showing Nicky this blog. Now she insists that we see triplets when we go to Utah. When I told her there weren't any she said we have to get Christian and Brady and find a girl baby so that we can play with three at once. So funny.

Cami said...

Those bottle straws are AWESOME! Love the new pics, and good luck with those teeth!

Woods said...

they couldn't be any cuter!! I can't get over them. You are so amazing!

Amber said...

this is katy on my moms blog those pictures of the boys fighting are so funny i miss those babies so much

Unknown said...

mom and i loved your latest posts.