Friday, June 04, 2010

We have a tooth!

The first of many. Any guesses as to who it belongs to? Here’s a clue.052

Still tricky since they looks so much alike, huh? It’s my Bennett! Looks more like a little man everyday.

Now, I have been anticipating this event for weeks now. I have had my Tylenol and Little Teethers Gel close at hand, and have been feeling their little gums everyday to check any progress. I was sure it was going to be any day with all the drool and their need to chew on everything in sight. And with Alex’s nose being a teensy bit runny today, I think he won’t be too far behind. Thanks to my Friend Christina who spotted the little while speck on his bottom gum. It’s tricky cause he gums are still smooth, and you have to be at just the right angle to see it only while he’s laughing (what is it with kids never wanting you to look at their new teeth). The poor little fella was acting a little out of sorts this morning. And his naps weren’t ideal yesterday. No wonder.  The meds took care of that, and he and his siblings have slept like angels today. Fine time for me to take away the pacifiers. Oh well, he has really taken a liking to his thumb so that’s even better.

He also has been a rolling fool lately.  Ever since he discovered how to roll from his back to his tummy, he can’t get enough of it and can roll quite a distance. Is my son mobile? Yikes. The others aren’t quite as interested in rolling around like their brother (though Ruby can make her way around the floor/crib by scooting on her back). Some may call that slightly behind, but I call it my-life-is-going-to-be-much-harder-when-they-can-move, so I am in no rush. Take your sweet time little babies.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen! Why is everyone so excited for Millie to start teething and moving around? I'm just fine with her as she is for now.

Amber said...

I can't believe it! Rolling and a tooth? He is going to be a big boy before you know it!!!

melody said...

That picture is classic. His tiny mouth reminds me of baby Julia.

Rolling around! Go Bennett. Can't wait to see his gummy smile with one little tooth sticking out.

Chad and Bree Fowles said...

I LOVE firsts. Congratulations.

Unknown said...

Such a cute little guy, as are the others, too. Loved the PV.

Love, Mom and Dad G.

Tracie Frost said...

Yea!! A tooth! That really opens up the realm of food possibilities!

Anonymous said...

Have been following you for awhile now and am so happy that you were blessed with triplets. They are precious! I just wanted to comment on your comment about Bennett liking his thumb now...be careful of him becoming attached to thumbsucking as it could cause problems for his teeth later. You can't take the thumb away like a paci can be taken away. I do admire the schedule and goals and progress you seem to be making with 3 little ones all at once. I had only singletons and didn't seem to have it together as well as you do with 3!

Cami said...

Behind? It still seems they are INFANTS. Stop being toddlers, please, babies. Congrats on the tooth, and condolences on the mobility.

So, Jane was playing with the little girl doll of three, and I called the baby Ruby, and then so did she, and wanted to look at pics of the real Ruby. Next, she refused to read any book except the Max and Ruby book she hasn't read for weeks, and just pointed at Ruby on each page. Making connections, my Jane. When will they be together again??

Matt said...

I'm saying it: "Bennett!"