Sunday, July 18, 2010

Emilys Way

Some of you already know this, but when I met KC, he lived in a house that was on Emilys Way (I guess street signs don’t care about apostrophes). We were just friends for a while after he moved there, and I joked that it was too bad we didn’t like each other because it would’ve made a cute story that he lived on such a ironically named street. And look at us now. Together with that very story to tell. 033

We have been trying to get a picture by the sign for as long as we’ve been together, and last Friday night, about 5 years later, we finally did it. We were on a date and, after consuming too much Mexican Food, and being to tired to go to the 2 1/2 hour, 8:30 showing of the movie we wanted to see (date nights just aren’t the same as they used to be, with energy-sucking children in the picture), we decided to take a drive down memory lane. We had a babysitter, after all, and didn’t want our date to be cut too short. 031

We finished off our night out by going to the grocery store and buying our favorite ice cream (Haagen Dazs Pineapple Coconut, I love you.), and some impulsive candy. I guess while we were free from the kids, we felt like we were invincible in the gaining weight department. We enjoyed our treats while we watched a couple episodes of Friday Night Lights, our new favorite stay-up-too-late-cause-we-get-sucked-in TV series. A good night. I’m so glad I decided to keep that boy that lived on Emilys way.   030

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun date idea! And I love your new pictures on the side. So cute!

Drew said...

Hmm... It could be that the street was named after multiple Emilys, in which case no apostrophe would be necessary, but that's kind of giving them the benefit of the doubt. I love Memory Lane!

Sarah said...

Oh Drew! He took my comment!
What a fun memory! I guess I need to try that ice cream though.

Emily said...

Of course I know it is possible to have not have an apostrophe, and still be correct, but since I like it to be considered MY Way, it would need one, now wouldn't it?

Amber said...

Cute story, and yes those Friday Night Lights are addicting and fun to watch-Riggins....

Savannah and Braden said...

Look how cute and wonderful you are- and what are you wearing?? That cardigan is amazing!!
I love this story :)

Cami said...

That DOES sound like a good night! It's true, if we want to watch movies, we usually go to a matinee. We're going to watch FNL one of these days.

Unknown said...

so fun! and I love friday night lights!

Unknown said...

what a fun date down memory lane.

I am loving your sassy skinny jeans...you look fabulous em!

Unknown said...

Yeah, makes me think of my old times.