Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Our weekend in segments

As I was recounting the weekend, that was actually pretty eventful, it was going to turn into a long drawn out post, that would be too wordy to keep even my interest. So I decided to post it in smaller parts. I’ll start with Friday.

I got together with a few friends at the park to enjoy our one of our last days of glorious weather. I loaded the babies and gear in my wagon that I love, and it worked like a charm. We had a few fussy moments from the girlie, but nothing that would ruin our fun. It was great to have a play date my friends again. It’s so hard to get together and have fun when it’s too hot to breathe. I tried to get out every day while it was nice, and succeeded (pictures included). Come back, good weather.

That night, KC and I actually got a babysitter and went on a little date. We have her booked for every other Friday night, so we are forced to make ourselves go and enjoy a little time out of the house. Going out is just different now. I find it’s sometimes hard to convince yourself to when you’re so tired and you just want to lounge at home in your pajamas. But it’s something to look forward to, and having it pre-planned is a good way to make it actually happen.

Milkshakes and Toy Story 3 were a great way to spend the evening. It is quite a hilarious movie, like everyone says. I can’t wait until the babies are old enough to enjoy these great flicks with us. (Those Pixar people are geniuses creating movies that adults and kids alike can thoroughly enjoy.) Speaking of the babes, they didn’t make a peep the entire time the babysitter was here. Success all around.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It seems like I'm always freaked out that the baby is going to scream the whole time, so we hardly ever get a babysitter to go out. But, last week we got one and Millie was just fine the whole time (of course) and we had a great time. Lesson learned. :)

Cami said...

See? Much easier to never leave the house. I'm glad you are making yourselves, and that you liked the movie.

The kids look darling as usual. Jane is screaming, so goodbye.

Unknown said...

Nice when you can get out alone for a little while. And nice when the weather cooperates for park time.