Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Welcome Ruby

First of all I don’t know how I forgot these other very common questions and comments. They are winners:

  • So you’re done having kids now, right?
  • That’s the way to do it, three at once!
  • You are smart, having your whole family with only one pregnancy!
  • How did this happen?!
  • Are they natural?
  • Do multiples run in the family?
  • I have three (or more) too, but not all at once.
  • Can I have one? 

Obviously, they don’t realize what a multiple pregnancy is like, or that a lot of those are pretty personal statements, but I know they don’t mean anything but kindness, humor, and a little curiosity. People are funny.

Anyway. . .IMG_6833-1back to the star of the post. Welcome, Ruby, to the world of teeth! She has been uncharacteristically fussy for the past couple weeks, so I knew it was coming. She had a cold during the boys’ first teeth, so I thought, just by a huge coincidence, that she was teething too with the symptoms being so similar. But nope. Here she is, about a month later, with a little tooth poking through her gums. It had been threatening to break the skin for days now, and it’s almost impossible to get my stubborn girl to let me check it, but I think it finally made its way through. Little Ruby has joined the club. Alex has also cut his first top tooth, and has been a great sport about it. I think he’s my best teether. Bennett still just has the bottom two, but I’m pretty sure he is going to catch up pretty quickly.

As much as I love to see them grow and progress, this teething thing has been pretty hard on mommy, here. Especially with all the sleep disruptions. I hope I make it though all the teeth yet to come.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

yeah for ruby getting some teeth! and I completely understand the comments. Sometimes I cant believe the things people ask. I dont get stopped near as much now that they are older or hear people say as I walk by wow she has her hands full(which makes me laugh). and when I went anywhere I always allowed me more time becuase I knew we were going to be stopped. but it seems like that there isnt as much stopping now that they are older. but some of my most "favorites" are... are they twins? really do they look like they could be more than 9 months apart dont think so, kylee may be smaller but not that much. or they ask how far apart in age are they, then i proceed to tell them they are twins...sometimes though i am tempted to say 1 minuted. and the are they natural?, arent all babies natural they arent aliens are they? or are they identical? what serioulsy? they dont even look close to identical. I have decided that people must just not know which is which. But it is still so much fun having multiples and i love them! and having three so fun! and so so cute too!!

Janice said...

She's a gem.

Woods said...

I can't believe how cute she is!! She is growing up so dang fast.

Cami said...

Seriously, I hate the teeth. I had a bad week for a molar last week. Ugh. Ruby, good look dolly, and be nice to your mommy.

Unknown said...

Love that picture...those blue eyes are stunning!

Such a doll.

Melissa said...

Christian is a slow poke. No teeth for him yet. He's a bad sleeper without teeth if it makes you feel any better. Two sicknesses in a row and my good sleeper is a bad sleeper. I read the lower posts about people stopping you in the store. Those comments are so funny.

Amber said...

People are wierd, but I'm glad Ruby's tooth finally came in. I love those first little pearls! Ally still hasn't lost any teeth, and I am dreading the day-then she will really look like a big kid!