Monday, July 26, 2010

Unexpected Long Weekend

The storm from yesterday is still having consequences, leaving a huge area without power. Not our neighborhood, thank goodness. I know power outages are no fun, and very inconvenient with all the food going bad in the fridges, and houses being 100+ degrees. (I started to panic thinking about what we would do with our family without power for more than a few hours-hotel?)

But there are some silver linings to long term power outages, like when your husband’s work is closed, due to having no power, and he was sent home upon arriving in the morning. We are thoroughly enjoying having KC here to help and entertain. And I have been free to just leave anytime I want. On a Monday! What a nice surprise. He’ll probably have to make it up, but for now, we’ll take him. I think I’ll start filling up the pool right now

Still, I can’t help but feel terrible about those still in the dark. And the heat! I hope they’re making it by somehow.

2 comments:

Cami said...

BAH! I hate power outages. I'm glad you aren't adversely affected, and that you get a free day! Man, humidity + no AC is not fun.

Janice said...

Hooray for the free day with KC.