Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Quick and Easy Cookbook

While sorting through all our books, I came across this little item.
It almost made me teary looking through what I'd venture to say was my first cookbook. I even think the old dried residue of ingredients on the cover adds to its charm. I'm sure I poured over it as a kid. It just reminded me that even from a young age I loved the kitchen and still it remains. The recipes are so cute. Like egg salad, peanut butter filled apples, or ice cream sandwiches (aka flying saucers--below). I think I'll bring it babysitting with me sometime. The would love it. It might even be something I'll pass on to one of my children. The one who I can see would appreciate it the most. One of them is bound to have the same love for the kitchen as I have, I hope.

5 comments:

Matt said...

That is awesome. I love that you've loved kitchen-related-antics for so long.

melody said...

Ha! That does look familiar. Pass it on to your kids for sure.

Cami said...

Cute! I love it. I wonder if I have anything fun like that to pass on. Just books I suppose.

Cluff Family said...

I had the same cookbook. That picture brought back some great memories.

Lili and Jeff said...

I remember such a cookbook! Very cute indeed. You should make every recipe in it as a special challenge.