Monday, June 09, 2008

What is the use.

I have given up on doing my hair here. I haven't really tried to actually do it since I came home from Utah. I know what will happen. Anyway, I've developed a little curl even when it just air dries due to the extreme amounts of humidity in the air, so everyday I'm tempted to just let it do its own thing, despite it's un-kept look. Or put it straight from the shower into a wet bun. I think I'm turning into a Marylander after all. I understand now why it's very common to see people here with very limp wavy hair and with very little or no makeup. It all just melts away anyhow. It's 100+ degrees today and I just got home from extremely uncomfortable errands. It's even all over the news that it's a heat advisory with all these warnings about drinking certain amounts of fluids, and wearing a certain type of clothing if you absolutely must leave the house. So, Maryland, here I come. I'm finally giving in to the look that I've made fun of since I moved here. I apologize, and completely understand now, after 4 years.

5 comments:

Cami said...

yes, it's horrible. I am ready to cut my hair right off, but THEN what will it look like? It's just so ever-loving hot and humid. Maybe I just won't ever leave the house.

melody said...

Ha! Sounds like me and my style would get along well there! Em, you always manage to look beautiful. I love your bandanna days just as much as your gorgeous pantene pro-v commercial hair days.

Woods said...

Hey, I know how you feel. It is so humid here in Beaumont. I can't believe how sweaty it makes me. I am learning slowly to adjust, I hope it doesn't take me 4 years, because I only have 3 months left. (Maybe that's a good thing.)

Kristy said...

I remember Tennessee being humid, but I bet the coast is so much worse. I tried to do my hair and it was terrible! (I have frizzy wave and I like it STRAIGHT) Good luck... Oh ya... I heard about Matrix making something that you are supposed to put in your hair to keep the humidity out? Maybe check in to it.

Drew said...

Another reason I hate the summer. Just too hot to do anything. I would rather layer than sweat.

As for the MD look, when in Rome...